Friday, May 14, 2010

You've got a friend in me...



I've decided to try and title my posts with songs titles...just to get something stuck in your head for the day. :) I had lunch with my good friend, "A", today. Sitting on the table was this note (it had pretty purple paper behind it and a ribbon, but it was too hard to scan that way) and an envelope with 4 training sessions with her personal trainer. (We go to the same gym and she knows I've been trying to work out to lose weight for my health and for my 10 year reunion coming up in July. Sadly, this is not pregnancy weight as I only gained 6 lbs. and my daughter weighed 7 lbs., 15 oz.-instantly hitting pre-pregnancy weight was nice though! haha) Anyhoo, working out is the most important thing to A, besides her daughter of course, so this gift speaks volumes. She gave me one workout session for each of the things listed on the note. What a great way to end the week. I can't wait to get contracts from my coordinator (and I'm sure she's ready to pass me off to my IPs and their RE so I will stop playing 20 questions with her!) So, I think I will do one training session a week. We're going to the beach with some friends and renting a beach house at the end of the month so I've definitely got incentive!!

I feel blessed to have A as one of the important people in my life. It's also a reminder of what a great support system I have for this surrogacy. Yay, warm, happy thoughts!


1 comment:

Heather said...

I <3 those supports!