Thursday, May 27, 2010

No songs, just a post...

It's with a heavy heart that I told the agency I could not proceed with the contract we signed as I learned some new things and I realized the way it was written right now could potentially place a huge financial strain on my family if I was put on bedrest. I didn't get into surrogacy to make a lot of money, I did it to help someone make a family and it was a huge perk that you could actually get compensation from it. The way the contract's written right now, I could stand to PAY money if I'm on bedrest for more than a few weeks...this is not something I can do to my family, much as I want to help these IPs have their baby. I've cried so much about this already...I feel like I've let these people down and I agonized over it all day before deciding that going forward would not have been fair to anyone involved.

There is a slim chance that they will be agreeable to changing the contract, but at this point, I don't forsee them wanting to do that. It breaks my heart. You get attached so quickly.

2 comments:

Juli said...

I know it sucks but you did the right thing. I'm proud of you for doing it, I know it was really hard.

Heather said...

^ Yep, I agree! ^