Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Finally (it's happened to me)...



YAY, YAY, YAY!!! I finally got my contracts!! I've already noticed a couple of things we need to fix, but I'm going to spend the night going through them so that I can explain things to DH that he might not understand. My friend is taking the big kids for an hour or so tonight (DH is at a ballgame) so I can go over this (what? You think after all this waiting that I wouldn't read them the same night!?!?!) I've already scheduled my first meeting with the doctor that's treating IM for next Thursday and I'm waiting to hear back from the place to schedule my psych evaluation and the lawyer that represents the agency so that we can schedule a time for him to answer any questions about the contract and decide if we need a lawyer to look at it with us. (I've read that you should always get your own lawyer to look at it, even if it feels like everything's fine with it b/c, well, frankly, I am not a lawyer and I will probably not think of everything that could happen and we want to be sure we define as much as possible BEFOREhand) I definitely don't think the IPs or the agency are trying to pull anything over, I just want to be sure everything is spelled out in the contract so that we're not trying to figure out what to do if the wording is ambiguous.
So, I will be taking notes and reading, reading, reading. Wish me luck!


4 comments:

Mama K said...

VERY exciting!! I'm sure I'll be up all day/night reading, reading and reading too!

GOOD LUCK!!!

I'm still waiting on the approvals from the lawyers and IVF drs. How long did that take for you? Ms. Coordinator said it would take about 7days.

Heather said...

Yippee!! I am so happy for you! Definitely go over it with a fine tooth comb. I circled the numbers (on mine) at the beginning of the paragraph if there was something I needed:
1. Clarification on from my lawyer
2. Modified
3. Negotiated (wants, not needs)

Have fun!!!!

TXSurromom said...

Thanks! :) I just read it all (I have read it before, we had it since before we met the IPs; but this is the first time I've read "our" contract with the exact wording we're all agreeing to). I think the only thing I need to address is some stuff regarding the voluntary termination/selective reduction/abortion and we should be good to go! :)

TXSurromom said...

Mama K-sorry, did not see your comment earlier...weird...anyhoo, I cannot even remember, for sure, anymore as we applied with this agency like 2 years ago and then decided to have our 3rd before we did surrogacy....I want to say it was maybe 4-5 days? Good luck!!!