Thursday, May 20, 2010

Walking on Sunshine




So I sent the request to make a few modifications to my contract and the agency's lawyer has already called me and said it won't be a problem. He's going to change it, send it back for review and then I can have my own counsel review it, if I wish. I feel really good about all of the wording and it addresses everything I was wanting to-or it will when these changes are made-so it almost feels like a waste of money to have my own attorney review, but if I've learned anything from the SMO boards and talking to other surrogates, it's that this is the place where you don't want to skimp. Now, let me clarify, if I didn't feel 100% confident about this being a good match and things being laid on the table and all parties being on the same page, I would not move forward. The contract is basically my safety net if things should change or if we need some guidance as to how to proceed with things we've discussed.I'm just trying to protect the emotional, financial, and physical well-being of my family and the interest of the IPs too! No one wants to add any more drama to an already emotionally thick situation, so it's good to have everyone's intentions laid out on paper and to be prepared for the unexpected as it may very well happen. Nothing is for certain in life, but it definitely isn't in surrogacy! :)


My psychological evaluation is set for June 22nd. That was the soonest I could get it. Blah. I guess it's not a big deal b/c I'm going to go out on a limb and assume I'm going to pass!!! haha. So, it's a "formality" in my mind...something we all need to do like a background check for a job interview. It does feel good to have a date circled on the calendar though!!


No comments: