Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Decision



I've decided to be a surrogate. DH and I have been thinking about this for about 2 years now and it's finally going to happen. We met with the future IM (hereafter known as "T") and my coordinator and they've decided to use me as their surrogate. IF ("C") was not able to make it to that first meeting, but he told T to meet with some hopeful surrogates and whomever she was happy with was fine with him. We interviewed and found out last week that they want to proceed! I was so thrilled, I teared up.

Our coordinator's drawing up the final contracts this week and I should get mine soon. I am waiting until August to do the actual transfer because I have a High School Reunion I'm planning and I want to get through all of that craziness before I do any transfer so I can rest and let that little embryo get nice and snug in there. Also, I just had a baby in February, so I want to give my body a little time to recooperate in between .

We still have to do the psych eval and there will be a month or so of birth control and then some injections of hormones to prepare before the transfer. We think this puts us at transferring around the middle of August...my birthday's the 29th of August..wouldn't that be the best birthday present? A BFP! :) It seems so far away in some ways and so close in others. Once things get started with appointments and whatnot, I know it'll become "real."

Feel free to follow along as we take this journey!




(P.S. At the time, I did not know I'd be labeling my posts with songs of titles, but I went back and found this song called, "Mulan's decision" and it felt inspirational)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Congrats on getting started - there is so much hurry up and wait, so just be patient!

Can't wait to follow your journey. :)