The heat is on at our house because it's 26 degrees outside and yes, this is Texas I'm talking about. The heat is on my hiney because I'm sitting on a heating pad after my (count 'em!) 4th (really 5th) PIO shot. And the heat is on for our transfer because ladies and gentleman, we are almost there!! The embryos are 2 days old today and tomorrow morning, the embryologist will take a peek at them to see how they are doing. Let me backtrack a little. Our ED had her retreival on Wednesday (2nd) and had 15 eggs. Then, they unfroze the sperm and took 15 good ones. Embryos were checked at Day 1 and 7 of them were growing nicely. They did not disturb them today. So, tomorrow, we will get the call letting us know if we need to head on in for a 3 day transfer or if we can hold out until Monday. Now, I'm no embryologist, but to share a little with you, here is a picture of a 3 day embryo (8-cell).
And here is a picture of a 5 day blastocyst.
Now, healthy babies have been born from 3 and 5 day embryos (and other days too, but let's not confuse the issue anymore than it already has been). The clinic we're working with tends to lean towards fresh transfers (not frozen) and 5 day embryos. So, that is where we are.
For now, I am enjoying my time with my babies and avoiding packing. I will have to do it eventually though, so I am finishing this up and getting right on it as I can procrastinate no longer! :) (I had hopes that my husband would do it all for me! HAHA One can dream!)
I will check back with our news tomorrow! Sleep well, my friends!
(P.S. A little trivia...I've taken 72 shots, total, so far. Almost all of those have been the Lupron shots though.)