Monday, August 30, 2010

It's All Coming Back to Me Now


It's been a little while since I posted about surrogacy because I've been on a little mini-break from meds but I'm pretty sure I remember how to do it! We're basically waiting for the days to tick off of the calendar (although I should mention there is a lot of life packed into those days and I am enjoying the hours in each). Never fear, we get back on real IVF meds this week and I start Lupron on Friday! We have an ultrasound on the 10th and then another that next week and we start gearing up for the transfer. Holy cow!

In NSR (non-surrogacy related) news...I'm 28! I joked to my IM that she may not want me now that my uterus is a whole year older! :) Laugh now, but in the ED and Surrogacy world, age is still only a number, but it is one that a lot of clinics pay attention to. I'm still in my prime as far as surrogacy goes, but I'd be ready to retire soon if I was an ED! It doesn't really matter as I won't be donating my eggs to anyone (unless a close friend should need/ask for them, then it's up for discussion) but it does feel a little odd to be nearing "old age" for some things in this world. Oh, I had to have someone tell me how to spell "Flo Rida" the other day. I totally didn't know that was pronounced "Flow Ridah." I'm officially out of the cool loop. :) We had the 80s Karaoke Birthday bash on Saturday. It was wonderful and I got to sing all the songs I wanted. Amazingly, we had no problems getting to our minimum $400 tab. Alcohol does make the tune a little sweeter, no?

It was a marvelous birthday and my IPs sent me some gorgeous earrings that I need to take a picture of and post. It was very thoughtful and sweet of them. I love getting mail!

I'm sorta excited to be starting meds again. Yes, me. The crazy chick that used to sweat just thinking about needles. I wouldn't say I like the idea of needles just yet, but the small ones don't bother me anymore. Not really anyway. Anyway, it means we're on our way to transfer! Let's say Oct. 4th is our target date since it's right in the middle of the range. That makes my EDD around June 22nd. Hot, hot, hot, but right at the beginning of hurricane season, so with any luck, I'll be back in the office before things get nice and windy. :) (Oh boy, insurance humor...lame!)

We have around 35 days until transfer!! Please Lord, let everything go smoothly this time. It would be great for E&J and oh, yes, I'll have some of that too, please! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending you good vibes for your Oct transfer! Can't wait to follow your journey...

And, Happy Birthday!! You are only as young as you feel! ;-)

MrsKnight said...

I know what you mean about feeling that clock ticking. I'm 31 now and I'm hoping to talk hubby into another surrogacy after this one before I'm "too old"! It's wonderful being pregnant and expectant without the stress and worry about the future care of a baby/toddler/child/teen/etc.

Christina said...

Sorry, I would email this but I didn't see an email. I've enjoyed reading your blog..I'm too a first time GS..from Flo Rida!! Married w/ 2 kids, I'm on lupron now, and my transfer is set for 10/3 or 4th too. You've made your blog so fun to read! I thought it was funny how we too look to the sky in planning...meaning hurricane season, and your mention of insurance tickled me too as my parents are insurance adjusters (hubby too) for catestroph perils...anyway..Good luck and keep the info coming. It's nice to know I can follow someone who is somewhat on the same timeline...we're working on twins..fingers crossed!!

Christina
First Time Surrogates Journey

TXSurromom said...

HM2B-Thanks so much!! :)
MrsKnight-do you know how refreshing it was to know other women out there enjoyed pregnancy as much or more than I did? :) And the great rest afterwards? YES! Definite BONUS! haha And I'm definitely for you and more journeys. :)

Christina-I changed it, so you can email now. :) Thanks SO much for writing! How crazy is it that we have so much in common!? :) Yesssssss! Someone gets my lame insurance jokes. You have to agree, it takes a weird personality, right? :) Good luck to you!!

fertility center said...

Surrogacy is the best option for those who didn't have any chance of getting pregnant. Some people chooses IVF treatment for many times to get pregnant.