Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dirty Little Secret






I have a secret! It's not dirty though...sorry to disappoint. I got something in the mail today, but I can't tell you what it is just yet! :) Believe me, this is as hard on me as it is on you. Ask anyone, I can't keep a secret to save my life (write it down in your little mental journal, people!) and it's not because I don't want to! I swear! I just have no filter sometimes and I forget that I'm supposed to remember not to say something sometimes.

What I can tell you is that the hubbs and I are officially on hiatus this week. Yes, I'm talking about a sexual strike! Well, not a strike so much as a contractual obligation not to engage in any sort of behavior for 3 weeks prior to and 3 weeks following the transfer (and/or longer if the OB/RE says so). Is this an over-share? Probably...but I did want to let anyone contemplating surrogacy know what the ins and outs were. So, if you see Al in the next month and a half and he's looking...er...frustrated, just give him a pat on the back and a "buck up little camper" and send him on his merry way. Why is this necessary, you ask? Before transfer, it ensures that the only person hanging out in my uterus the next 9 months or so doesn't belong to me and after is so that there are no "disturbances" to knock the little baby/babies out of there since we want it/them to get in there nice and snug. There are some different schools of thought as to what is and isn't necessary after transfer, but this is what my clinic would like, so those are the rules. Every clinic/contract is different though...just sharing what my situation is.

I start back on Estrace tonight and increase to twice daily tomorrow. The ED has her appt. with the clinic tomorrow and the NC will call me to let me know if we're still on target for her to start her stimulation meds on Sunday. Holy cow! This is becoming more real by the moment! I'm supposed to start PIO the night before the ED's egg retreival. That should be about the 10th. I cannot believe we're just 2 weeks away from that!!! Things are starting to happen quickly now. Poor E, I am sure time is moving slowly for her, but I have more to keep me occupied (med-wise) so at least that takes my mind off of the waiting!

In other news, I have the Lupron Munchies. I am hungry ALL OF THE TIME! This is insane and I need to get back to the gym too, but I am tired a lot. I'm told all of this is normal with Lupron. I do feel a little spaced out and "out of it" at times...Loopy on Lupron the saying goes. What was my excuse before? :) I've gained a few pounds and I'm a little bummed at myself for that, so I need to really pay attention to what I am eating.

The reunion went well! In fact, it was dang near perfect. I had the best time. Here is a picture. My best friend from Kindergarten-5th grade is on the left with her husband. Al is right behind me (I'm in the teal) and one of my best friends (of two) from 5th grade-present is on my right.

2 comments:

Mama K said...

I HAVE TO KNOW YOUR SECRET!!!!!!

:)

I cannot believe it's almost your month! holy moly. So excited for you!

p.s. You look so pretty in your teal dress!

StacyKristyEthanFitzgerald said...

You do look mighty fine in that teal dress lady! Poor Al, he'll make it. We have faith in him. :) Following your blog too! Miss ya!