Tuesday, November 8, 2011

19 days ago...

a precious baby girl came into the world. I cannot believe how quickly that flew by. Maybe it's because I had Fall Festival to help with and 3 kids and a husband back at home waiting on me to fill my Super Mom shoes again. Life has been insanely busy since the day I delivered. I'm talking Pumpkin Patch pictures, dinners with friends and family, PTO work, working out, a Halloween party getting back to work full-time, trick-or-treating, sick kids, sick mommy, birthday parties, cookie dough pick up, a wedding, a spa day (okay, so that wasn't hard work!) etc. I think I was trying to fit everything into these last 2 weeks to make up for the little bit of time I was on bed rest and at the hospital. So, for about a week, I was go, go, go and then the 2nd week I was sort of a bump on a log because I think I had done too much the week before. I think I found a happy balance now and have backed off a bit. My house is a little worse for the wear, but I am trying to cut myself some slack since it hasn't even been 3 weeks since I pushed a little human into the world.

Speaking of that little human, here are some long-awaited photos!! I finally remembered to ask IM if I could post them! These are from the hospital so forgive my puffiness. I lost 18 lbs. in 8 days and I'm sure that was almost all fluid from being swollen!









As far as how I am feeling, I will be completely honest and say that I feel pretty amazing. I had a couple of days where I felt a little down. It's so very hard to explain it because people automatically assume you regret "giving the baby up" or that you miss the baby or something. Sure, I miss her tiny kicks but I am so happy that she is where she belongs. I cannot tell you how much I do not want to bring another baby home and how happy I am that she is with her family. Remember, I gave her back, not up! :) The "down" part is just the feeling you get after coming off an emotional high. For 16 months, I had this goal of helping to bring a healthy baby into the world. It wasn't all I was; I was still a mom and wife and friend, etc., but it was a large part of my life and when it's over, it's kind of bittersweet. So, that's the feeling I had for a couple of days, but I was still overwhelmingly happy.

I am lucky to get texts, emails, phone calls, pictures and updates almost daily (even now!) from my IPs. They are so very loving and they share so much with me. I love seeing their faces and hearing about their milestones with her. All of it fills my heart up with joy and a little bit of pride too. It's a good feeling to know you helped. I look at my own children and feel that joy of being a parent and can live knowing that I helped someone else feel that.

Incidentally, it's my oldest's 7th birthday today. Happy birthday, Rach!!! Mommy loves you!!!

5 comments:

Krystal said...

You did a wonderful job and she is beautiful! I COMPLETELY understand wanting to "go, go, go", that's what I've been doing since I had Baby L and it hasn't even been 3 weeks yet either! It's a little hard to adjust to the thinking that you just had a baby when there's no baby to care for! And I've had those emotional days too, you're not alone. Heck, I still have random moments right now, but it's normal and will subside.
Just know you did an amazing thing for someone and you're a ROCK STAR! :)

whitney said...

love the pics!!

Michael said...

Your posting is wonderful and honest and sweet. The pictures are beautiful too. Thanks for sharing.

surrogate motherhood said...

The surrogate mother gave birth to another perfect girl. What a perfect photos of the happy people. This is the best day in the life of the parents. Now, their house will be full of childish laughing and joy. You are very good person, if you decide to assume all these pains and sufferings for the sake of birth of a baby absolutely чужого для Вас. I wish you good luck in your following way!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You have a little cute baby. Surrogacy can be defined as an arrangement whereby a woman willingly agrees to carry a pregnancy and give birth to a baby for another couple or person.

Surrogacy in India