So, bed rest is going well. I can't complain, mostly because it's only for a few more days so I know I have an end in sight. I do feel for surros that are on bed rest for weeks, or even months, at a time. I also feel for those that don't have support of family or friends. Even these past few days, I've had an outpouring of food, thoughts and gifts from friends, family, and coworkers. It's really touching to know so many people are there for us and care about my family and me.
Here are some things I've learned while on bed rest:
1. Forks go on the left and spoons and knives go on the right. The way to remember this is "fork" and "left" are 4-letter words and "spoon," "knife," and "right" all have 5 letters. Thank you, "Most Eligible Dallas"
2. My husband is indeed capable of caring for 3 children, the house, his wife and attending work. He is a great nurse.
3. My almost 7 yr old will sleep by my side to take care of me at night and wake me up with, "Well good morning, Cheesepuff!! Did you sleep well??"
4. My almost 5 year old will begrudgingly get me some water or put up my bowl for me.
5. My 20 mth old loves that I cannot run after her and is taking full advantage of that freedom.
6. "How I Met Your Mother" and "The Big Bang Theory" complete me.
Veggie Noodle Soup #Fortune #ChefYaki
2 months ago