Monday, September 27, 2010
Today's post is two-fold. First, it's to let y'all know that our transfer's been post-poned until after the holidays. Between the holidays, school schedules, birthday parties and well, just plain life, it would have been very tricky to try and squeeze a fresh transfer in and so all parties are in agreement that it's best if we wait until January for the transfer. That means we'll be due around the beginning of October. While I'm excited about getting to enjoy all that yummy holiday food with no morning sickness, I'm a little anxious about spending my last trimester in the thick of the Texas Summer Heat!! :) Then again, I have always wanted to wear those cute maternity clothes in the summer. ;)
In other news, I did my first 5K this weekend! We raised money for CASA (abused children) and I set the bar for subsequent 5Ks. Now, I'm not breaking any records here. I've never been a runner/jogger, I have asthma, I was sick and couldn't breathe through my nose and I barely got any sleep...yeah, yeah, enough with the excuses already. :) I finished at 44mins, 45 secs. Again, not setting any records, but the fact that I finished was an accomplishment.
On to my second reason for posting. On the SMO (surrogacy message boards at http://www.surromomsonline.com/) boards I belong to, there is a surrogate who will be carrying a sibling for a couple with a child named Hailey Kent. The Kents need all the help they can get. I can't put it into words as beautifully as this video describes it, so I will just share it with y'all.
Friday, September 17, 2010
The ending of our journey may not yet be written, but I do know what the next chapter holds: my IPs have decided to continue. Feel free to join me in being cautiously excited as we get more details as to when our new transfer date will be. They've picked a new ED and she isn't cycling right now, so that should make things a little easier. I'll let you know as soon as I know and thank you for the kind comments and emails.
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Things have been put on hold. Our new ED cannot be a donor anymore and we're back at square one. My IPs have some decisions to make so I'm waiting to see what will happen and if we will continue. Please keep them in your hearts and prayers as this disappointment has created a lot of emotions for them.